The Pearl Health Care Exchange is available to ACS members and their families. You can choose from different coverage levels and benefit choices to find a plan that’s right for you.
Users will login to the secure member portal to select from a range of benefit choices at different levels, allowing members to choose a plan that best fits their budget and health care needs. Four different coverage levels (bronze, silver, gold, or platinum) offer ease in choosing a plan. All coverage comes from leading insurance companies.
Health plans are generally available during the federal government’s Open Enrollment Period, November 1 through December 15. If you would like to enroll for coverage outside of the Open Enrollment Period, you must experience one of the following life-changing events:
- Graduating from college and losing your student health plan
- Moving to a new area
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Turning 26 years old
All products offered through the Pearl Health Care Exchange meet or exceed the U.S. Government guidelines of Minimum Essential Coverage, with the exception of short-term health insurance. Short-term health insurance is available through the Pearl Health Care Exchange, and is a temporary coverage option. Selecting short-term health coverage would be appropriate for someone who is in-between coverage options, exempt from the mandate to buy insurance, or wants to obtain catastrophic health insurance outside of open enrollment.
You may qualify for short-term health insuranceif you are:
- Between jobs
- Waiting for employer group coverage
- A recent college graduate
- A temporary or seasonal employee
- A dependent no longer covered under a parent’s plan
- On strike, laid-off, or a terminated employee
- A resident of the following states: AL, AZ, AR, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, NE, NV, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI, WY
Due to a short coverage gap exemption, you can go up to three consecutive months without health insurance and avoid paying the fee for not having insurance.